Sarasota is known for its amazing beaches and waterfront. Single family homes and condominiums are readily available in waterfront communities in all price ranges depending on the body of water (Gulf of Mexico, Sarasota Bay, canal, or intracoastal). The most popular areas are Longboat Key, Lido Key, Bird Key, downtown Sarasota, Siesta Key, and Casey Key.
Longboat Key is a barrier island just north of St. Armands Circle. It is coveted by seasonal visitors seeking upscale homes and condos who wish to be close to the secluded beaches.
Lido Key is a barrier island closer to St. Armands Circle and is rich with modern architecture and Gulf front condominiums.
Bird Key is an island just off the Ringling Causeway in between downtown Sarasota and St. Armands Key. Boaters love the many inlets and proximity to downtown.
Downtown Sarasota has many waterfront condos with amazing views of the Bayfront. Single family home communities enjoy being a short drive to the restaurants, and theater, the opera, etc.
Siesta Key has been continuously been rated in the top 10 beaches in the country. Sugar white, cool sand, attracts visitors from all over the world.
Casey Key is a barrier island just south of Sarasota. Known for its privacy and some gulf-to-bay properties, it draws celebrities and athletes seeking solitude (you can currently find Rosie O’Donnell’s home on the market).
So what are our top 5 favorite waterfront communities?
1. Longboat Key Club for its tranquil Gulf and Bay views, it’s pristine golf course, and for being a well-maintained gated community with both condos and single family homes.
2. The Ritz Carlton Residences on Lido Key for their beachfront location, stellar service, and amenities.
3. Bird Key for its variety of single family home styles and prices, boating, and great location.
4. Downtown Sarasota for condominiums, Golden Gate Point for its fantastic views and location. For single family homes, Harbor Acres near Southside Village and Selby Gardens.
5. Siesta Key for condominiums – Gulf and Bay due to its resort amenities (8 tennis courts, 3 heated pools), direct beachfront, and great for rental investment. For single family homes, Mangrove Point for its canopy treed roads and privacy.
If you'd like an experienced real estate agent to walk you through the process of buying your home in the Sarasota area, contact Your Global Agents or visit us at our office on St. Armand's Circle!